Br. Guy Consolmagno is the keynote speaker; he is giving presentations both Friday Sept. 7th and Sat. Sept. 8th.
Bob Trembley will also be at the event; he will be giving LIVE demos of Space Simulation Software on Sat. Sept 8th before Br. Guy’s talk.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 6th: 5:00 pm Registration begins and will be open until 10:00 pm.
The observing hill WILL NOT open before this time! Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated! For stargazers who would like to arrive before Thursday or stay after Sunday, camping in RV Park is available at campground rates. Contact RV Park to make reservations.
Friday, September 7th: Registration open from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
6:15 – 6:30 Opening Comments, Kevin Dehne
6:30 – 8:30 Astronomy Presentations:
- Joe Bruessow, “Electronic Assisted Astronomy”.
- Guy Consolmagno of the Vatican Observatory, “Discarded Worlds: Astronomical Ideas that were Almost Correct…!”
9:00 – ??? Observing on the hill. Welcome Tent will be open all night with hot drinks!
Saturday, September 8th: Registration open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
10:00 – 11:00 Kids Fishing Contest: Held at the pond in the main campground. Ages
13 and under bring your own fishing pole, hook, and bobber. Worms will be provided. Prizes for the first fish, biggest fish, & most fish caught.
11:30 – 12:00 Rocket Launches: Norb Vance & Kevin Dehne… Look Out!
12-00 – 1:00 Lunch Break
1:00 – 3:00 Swap Meet: Main tent. Bring astronomy equipment to sell & cash to pay!
5-00 – 6:00 Dinner Break
6:00 – 8:00 Astronomy Presentations:
- Bob Trembley, NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador, “Demonstrate Space Simulation Software”.
- Guy Consolmagno, “Adventures of a Vatican Astronomer”.
8:00 – 8:30 Door Prize Drawings:
- Must be present to win.
- Closing Comments.
9:30 – 10:00 “Tour of the Night Sky”
Norb Vance, EMU.
(Green laser will be used during this time only.)
9:00 – ??? Observing on the hill:
- Welcome Tent open all night with hot drinks.
Sunday, September 9th:
- Departure by 1:00 pm unless you would like to stay and help clean up.
- If planning to stay for more nights please make arrangements with the RV Park.