Since my last "meta" posting like this, nearly a year ago, our site has grown wonderfully. We now have three hundred or more hits a day, double what we were doing a year ago, and some 225 people subscribe to the free emails that tell them when a new posting occurs.
But this site does not run for free. I am a strong believer that good writers deserve to be paid, and even though we can't afford much, we do pay our (non-Jesuit) contributors. We also pay an excellent IT person to keep the site up and running. The funds come from "supporters like you" as PBS likes to remind us.
Plus, we hope that subscribers to this site will be moved to support the astronomy and outreach work of the Vatican Observatory Foundation.
That means, please, if you can, consider joining our Sacred Space group. For just $10 a month you can help us do the work we do, supporting the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope and the education and public outreach efforts (like this blog!) of the Vatican Observatory Foundation.
In addition, by joining, you can join in on the conversations (i.e. you can comment on the blog entries.) We also have a number of other nice items we'll pass out as premiums (premia?) for supporters at a higher level.
You can find all the details about joining, here.
More or less weekly diaries from Br Guy
- Chile Diary 3 (or 1.5, to be more accurate): Magellan
- Chile Diary 4: ALMA… and Ceres?
- Another meta-posting…
- Fan Mail Poetry
- 2016 Calendars are available!
- “Exploring the Big Questions of the Universe…”
- Happy Hundredth, Mildred!
- Another reminder… support this site!
- Star-mapping Sisters
- 5 Amazing Astronomical Things about Choosing a New Jesuit General!
- Five Reasons Why Clickbait Works
- Another blog about the blog
- Should you (or someone you love) go to MIT?
- Faith and Science: One Stop Shopping!
- An interfaith fellowship on religion and science