I just finished up giving a three-day astronomy-themed retreat (well, Friday night to Sunday noon) at the Jesuit Retreat Center in Los Altos, California. We had about 70 people show up, all of them impressive and enthusiastic and fascinating to meet. I wish I could have spent five hours with each of them. And someone in the group was kind enough to advertise The Catholic Astronomer, so I hope some of you from that retreat have found yourself here.
But that also reminded me that I do need to do some occasional advertising. At the moment, the number of people who are signed up to get free emails when a new article is posted is just under 500; it should be at 5000, I would think. Tell your friends and neighbors about this site! (And your classes.) And don't forget to sign up yourself.
And if you have the wherewithal, joining Sacred Space would let us keep funding this site and the other outreach programs of the Vatican Observatory Foundation. Every bit helps. So... HELP!
More or less weekly diaries from Br Guy
- 2016 Calendars are available!
- “Exploring the Big Questions of the Universe…”
- Happy Hundredth, Mildred!
- Another reminder… support this site!
- Star-mapping Sisters
- 5 Amazing Astronomical Things about Choosing a New Jesuit General!
- Five Reasons Why Clickbait Works
- Another blog about the blog
- Should you (or someone you love) go to MIT?
- Faith and Science: One Stop Shopping!
- An interfaith fellowship on religion and science
- Proclaiming the Heavens
- Diary: Where does the money go? (Part I)
- Diary: Where does the money go? (Part 2)